Data Analytics and Visualization
Learn the power of analyzing and communicating products, portfolio, and product lines with numbers and graphs.
This unique workshop couples to one-on one coaching. First you attend an open workshop for 2 hours (see our dates and times below.) Then the Expert joins your for a 90 minute coaching sessions using your data (or data structure.) The coach takes place at an agreed upon time approximately one week following the workshop.
What you’ll learn in the workshop:
- Why data manipulation gives visualization its impact.
- The tools of the trade… how to automate pivot tables in graphical views
- How to determine if your organization has a firm grip on product related KPI’s;
- Why simple analyses always go the farthest, but never far enough;
- How front-end data analytics tie to roadmaps and plans
- How to smartly probe data sets to discover the situational story and make impactful recommendations;
- How to melt away data complexity into simple-to-understand views;
- How to learn understanding and sharing data structure, not the data;
- Proven approaches to deal with less than stellar data quality;
- How to gauge the impact of your analysis, visuals. and your storyboard… before you share your work.
What you’ll gain from one-on-one coaching:
- The analysis approach that will work best for you and your organization
- An understanding of the data you don’t have
- An approach to build capability maturity and improve data quality
- Charts that reveal and a storyboard that communicates the situation and the recommendations.
Why Data Visualization
You’ll find data analytics and visualization to be both energizing and frustrating. Numerical answers are not always true to what one sees.
We encourage participants to attend this workshop with at least one other colleagues. Joint participation allows deeper discussion and explorations of the analytics and the visualization that make the most sense for your organization.
This workshop includes pre-session materials, starting point templates, and one-on-one follow-ups. It’s designed to transfer key insights about product lines and the means companies take to gain benefits from improved strategies. The workshop’s goal is to impart usable knowledge and practical know-how.
We encourage participants to have a cursory understanding of MS Power BI and Excel, pivot tables, and basic statistics (mean values, StDev, and distributions.)
Pre-session materials and one-on-one follow-up are designed to support the transfer to you of key insights about product lines. Our goal is to impart usable knowledge and practical know-how.