Responsive Product Line Roadmapping
Create and carry out impactful product line moves, recasts, and pivots. Learn the key to continuous product line improvement. Performance matters.
3-Hours of Impactful Learning
Attendees receive roadmap templates with and example data structures
Learn how organizations create and carry out impactful product line roadmaps to drive and improve performance.
- How product line roadmaps differ from product roadmaps and technology roadmaps;
- Why creating product line roadmaps demands a deep and collective knowledge of products, market, technologies, customer and competitors. It’s far more demanding than portfolio management. It’s not a one person job;
- Why responsive roadmapping emphasizes probing markets, scouting technologies, and targeting innovations. It’s as much about the strategy and front-end activities as it is about development and in-market product management;
- How stellar product line performance requires roadmapping that is both continuous and responsive. Setting up responsive product line roadmapping is as important as learning how to develop and manage products;
- The importance of coordinating the advancement of key product line system parts and forces;
- The power of intelligent multi-generational planning for both platform-levers and products;
- The necessity of organizing and communicating the progression of verb-based market segments, and functional chain-links;
- How to create and use Strategy Lenses to drive insights and actions.
Why Responsive Roadmapping
Responsive product line roadmapping is an ongoing cross-functional activity. It’s far more than just rolling-up project plans. It’s a fluid approach to carry out and improve product line strategies.
Responsive Roadmapping provides product line teams the means to improve their line’s performance continuously.
We encourage participants to attend this workshop with one or more colleagues. Joint participation allows deeper discussion and explorations of Responsive Roadmapping after the online session.
This workshop includes pre-session materials, starting point templates, and one-on-one follow-ups. It’s designed to transfer key insights about product lines and the means companies take to gain benefits from improved strategies. The workshop’s goal is to impart usable knowledge and practical know-how.